September 6, 1986 was a beautiful day because many awesome incredible women were born this day including me. I love September not only because it’s my birth month because it’s the month of seasons changing. Days aren’t as hot. Fall starts playing peek a boo. To be honest anyone born between September and December are the best because Fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas is something we all look forward to.
I had a great birthday and thank you all for the birthday wishes. I appreciate them all.
This year turning 33 so far has been incredible. Doing things I said I would start doing which is networking. Embracing this year looks like taking on those areas I once was afraid of. I’ve spent my 20’s getting to know who is Tanesha and my purpose in life. Year 30 was the start of my shift and I got married and now I’m believing year 33 is when my rocket ship takes off. Before you ask no not kids! My rocket ship consists of consistently showing up for my brand and audience. Finding ways to continue growing in order to become that full time paid blogger. I’m really focusing on being an awesome wife to my husband and my career. Kids well in God’s timing, of course we both desire to be parents one day; but God’s timing is always the perfect timing for our lives.
There’s so much growth when you allow God to take over
My journey started when I turned 26 years old. Experiencing heartache when an individual who you thought you loved can either make you or break you. In this case it was the beginning of a brand new relationship with Christ. Over these next 6 years leading up to my 33rd birthday. I’ve learned a lot of lessons but I’ll be nice list you all 33 lessons that as helped me mature into the young lady I am today.
Brace yourselves because I’ve learned alot
- Understanding that Jesus literally is EVERYTHING & more that you need in your life.
- The entitlement of titles: Your title does not make you my God. I serve only ONE true living king and his name is Jesus.
- Our mission here on earth as Christians is to spread the gospel rather you have a title or not. Your life should be an example of light.
- God anoints and appoints you not man. So stop kissing tale and start honoring Christ.
- Holy Spirit is your greatest teacher.
- Seek accountability in everything you lack in.
- Therapy is very healthful and beneficial to living a purposeful life.
- Drink plenty of water, it’s great for EVERYTHING.
- Never Ever allow a man or anyone to be honest to take advantage of you and make you feel less.
- OMG ENJOY your single season. So many rush it when there’s beauty found in waiting on God.
- TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL you have one life to live. Don’t get stuck living in the same city your entire life.
- STOP RUSHING MARRIAGE|STOP RUSHING CHILDREN
- Friends whew as long as you keep growing and maturing, your friend group will constantly change.
- Saying NO feels AWESOME.
- Since I left my former ministry, I found freedom and freedom in Jesus is super cool.
- Fight for what is right and speak your truth. I will say this though, in speaking your truth make sure it aligns with the will of God for your life.
- Church is not life, Jesus is.
- Learn to speak up, people may not like it but who cares. As long as you’re not disrespectful and rude.
- Women rule the world.
- I believe you’re not ready to date and commit to a relationship when you don’t know your worth, value, and identity Christ.
- Church folks are mean but so are people outside the church. Don’t allow that to be your reason you don’t get to personalize your relationship with Christ.
- Stop chasing clout and be real about your life.
- Always remember there is room for growth.
- Treat yourself.
- Learn a new hobby like graphic design
- Stop taking social media serious. Who care if they don’t like your post somebody else likes it.
- DELETE DELETE DELETE old negative energy off of your social media.
- DELETE DELETE DELETE old negative energy out of your life PERIOD.
- Depression and anxiety is real but through Jesus Christ healing shall be your portion.
- Stop explaining yourself to everyone. Everyone is not worthy of such a position in your life such as hearing all your personal business.
- You are worthy, and valuable.
- You will be successful in life.
- HAVE COMPLETE AND TOTAL FAITH|TRUST in the Lord.
That was a long list but we made it
I wrote this list in a way that you can take it in as lessons you may need to know for yourself. Just in case you have experienced or is currently experiencing different moments in life. I’ve gone through many of season growing and maturing in Christ. Those 33 lessons is just the half of it. Just making space for Christ to bombard my entire being has been a crazy whirlwind cycle. I’m thankful for every hard and good times that has come my way. I pray that you gained something from the lessons listed.
I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I’m actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. ~Drew Barrymore